So I had a great trip out to Calgary, visiting with old friends and their cutest son ever. I had so much fun just living with them and playing with the little guy. Spending quality time like that makes me want to be a mom sooooooo bad. I just need to find Mr. Right and then we can get going:) No seriously, even though I will be finished my schooling next spring, I would be so happy to just be a nanny or if it worked out, a real mom and not worry abou getting an official teaching job...don't tell my parents who have struggled along side me as I figured out what I wanted to do with my life:)- as it might cause them to pull out their hair! Anyways, it's not like becoming a mother is a possibility any time really soon, but the nanny idea has been percolating in my brain so you never know where that might lead.
Here is a picture of the little guy I spent time with in Calgary:)
It's kind of crazy with my teaching placement, as there are only 9 class days left with the kiddos for my term. I am getting excited and kind of nervous at the same time about the 5 day hiking trip that will end my placement with this class. I'm sure it will be fun, but at the same time I'm not sure how my body will hold up with such a physically demanding trip. I think the longest day is only 13 km but with a 50 lb pack on my back I'm sure that will be plenty! The whole dehydrated, limited variety of food is also something that doesn't make me too excited but I'll make it work, and it's not like I don't have a few extra pounds to lose:) Just think of it as training for the upcoming canoe trip season!
So yeah, that's my life. I don't anticipate anything too crazy happening this week but you never know!
One last thing, I am planning and participating in the 30 Hour famine this weekend...so if anyone still wants to support this amazing cause by sponsoring me (for a tax deductible receipt of course), send me a note or click on this link and donate online: http://www2.worldvision.ca/famine/20184881
Make it a great week!
2 comments:
Vanessika -
We loved having you here! And if you seriously wanted to become a nanny when you are done school, we might have to talk about it, because who knows... I may need one!
Love you,
Rayna
I hear you on this one. After my week of playing hockey mom, I was ready to tear my hair out, but it only reinforced how much I want that to be a part of my life in some way.
Post a Comment