-had a fantastic 30 Hour Famine with the youth in my church. There were 24 kids who came and they raised over $2200 which I think is fantastic. I'm hoping that while the kids won't forget the fun times they had, they will also remember some of the lives of children in poor nations that they heard about. We really tried to make it real to the kids participating in the famine that they might be hungry for 30 hours, but some kids are hungry every day. I don't know how much stuck with the kids, but hopefully even a small piece of awareness is in them now that wasn't there before.
-Taught a couple fun lessons to my kids at school. There are only 2 more days of full class with the kids in my placement. Next week most of the students will be at work experience around the province and then the last week of April is my big backpacking expedition! I'm already thinking and planning for the food I will bring on this trip. I love cooking on expeditions so that should be fun.
-I've been doing some pilates with Kendelle, which is really challenging but I like it. Actually, I need to do them tonite (it's been a few days since we last got at it). I definitely work up a sweat while doing them, but I think they're interesting and they allow me to work at my own ability level which is great.
-Camp is taking a bigger part of my thoughts these days. Only 2 1/2 weeks till I'll be out on the island. I'm excited to be able to live in the great outdoors for 4 months. And having no tv won't be so bad either:) The community that will be out there is looking really fantastic. There are quite a few people joining the team who I've never met which will be great because I'm always up to meeting new people. There are also some people coming out for the spring that are good friends from the past few years when I've been out. All in all I'm sure this is going to be a great year. I'm looking forward to seeing how God will work in miraculous and amazing ways yet again. There is something special about camp and watching God at work and living in a community that is working to reflect Christ. It's really exciting!
My life really isn't all that interesting these days. Spring has finally sprung and I"m loving the sunshine and warmth. Green things are poking out of the ground in the gardens and the trees are going to burst in a couple more days. I love the newness of Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment