Monday, May 25, 2009

Kitchen Kraziness

So, I thought it was about time I checked in with my blogging friends. I'm still out at camp and loving it. I'm not sure how many times I"ve said it in the past week and a bit I've been out here, but I love camp. Even if I get tired, stressed, burnt out I still love camp. I love the beauty of creation that is all around, the community is fun to be a part of and I have really enjoyed singing and praying together. I have spent most of my time working in the kitchen, mostly as one of the crew but a few stints of head-cook as well. I am having a lot of fun cooking and feeding people! I call it my 'inner Baba' because I find great joy in feeding people. Creating delicious food and making sure people are never hungry is so important for me.

I've gone around the island on the trail a few times, but so far the weather/timing has not worked out to go for a paddle yet. I"m hopeful for tomorrow. I've also been trying my hand at some aerobics! that's right folks, exercise at camp! One of the staff that's out here for the summer is an aerobics instructor and she has been leading classes for us. We definitely get our hearts a pumping and the tunes going. We even got some of the guys to join us! I'd show you a picture or two, but cameras were banned from the room....

It's raining AGAIN! I don't think we've had three days consecutively where it hasn't rained. But that's ok because the tea is always hot, conversations good and fun to be had!

Saturday I graduate officially as a teacher. It's pretty exciting! I'm having a small party with some friends and family after the ceremony which will be nice. Again, good food, conversation and people...hard to find a better mix!

No comments: