Today is the start of the long weekend and I am super excited about going out to camp for the next week. It will likely be the only time I will get out to the island this summer. There are a bunch of people on 4-month staff that I already know and of course there will be new people to welcome to my friend circle. I have no idea what team I will be working with this week, but I know I will enjoy myself. My guess is either kitchen or probably kitchen:)- I've packed my long underwear and toque and mitts. IT's gonna be pretty chilly out there but I"m still pumped to be heading out. I am hoping the ice has receeded enough to allow me to get out in a canoe and around the island on the trail a few times. There will also be time for knitting, games and conversation. Camp is such a special place, and it's hard for me to really describe all that it encompasses. I have spent the last 3 summers out on the island and it is nice to have a chance to go back, even if just for a short while this spring. I will hopefully post some pictures when I get back.
In other news, we celebrated my parents' birthdays this week. We even managed to surprise my dad with a surprise party to celebrate and a scavenger hunt full of surprises with his new GPS unit. It was nice to actually be home to celebrate these special times with my parents, especially since I will be out of the country at this time next year.
Take care friends...hopefully your long weekend has something fun and restoritive in store.
till later!
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment