Friday, April 24, 2009

The Last Week

Well, Ive made it through week 6 of 7 and still enjoy teaching (well mostly!). Its hard to believe that my time in Winkler is almost over. I came into Winnipeg for the weekend to relax and enjoy some friend time as well as get a load of marking and test writing done. This last week coming up will be lighter on the planning end, but there are always many things to tie up in a last week anywhere. I am excited for what is ahead of me but also a bit sad to be leaving my new friends behind in Winkler. I have not made a lot of new friends, but the ones that I have made are pretty sweet and it will be hard to say good bye (at least for now!)

BUT summer awaits with all the fun of cabins and lakes and boats and of course friends. I dont have too many plans made yet, so if you have suggestions of where I should go or what I should do, leave me a note. I have about 3.5 months before I fly away to CHINA. Its still pretty hard to think about moving to another continent on the other side of the globe. But alas, before I wish away what is left I am going to go and enjoy a Friday night with friends, a movie and some wine.

See you in a week when I finish my final practicum and become a TEACHER (at least one who can get paid!)

1 comment:

RLE said...

You can always come to visit us - we would love to have you ANYTIME!! Glad that your practicum has gone so well and that you are at the last week - time flies by, doesn't it? Congrats on the graduation to come shortly.