Monday, April 13, 2009

Mental Health Day

Today was the beginning of week 5 for me of my final student teaching practicum.  It also was a professional development day.  I signed up for an Asian cooking workshop in the morning and then a yoga session in the afternoon.  I called it my 'mental health' day.  IT's important for teachers to find ways to release stress and kick back to keep a sane state of mind.  I made Thai mussels, hot & sour soup, sushi and other tasty asian foods.  It was delicious:)  My afternoon was much more relaxing and calming and I really enjoyed it.  I think I'm going to start doing more yoga to increase my flexibility, relax and increase muscle tone.  It was one of the more enjoyable forms of exercise that I have found.  

Since my last post, I had a bit of a stressful week at school, but that is all behind me now.  I got through it and I'm moving forward.  There are tough weeks in any profession, and last week was just one of them.  I went home for Easter Weekend which was great.  I relaxed with my family, watched movies, made Easter bread, ate too much Easter bread and played games.  Of course there was some time spent remembering the actual reason behind celebrating Easter, but spending time with my family was also a big blessing.

I have 3 weeks left in this placement and they are going to fly by I am sure.  Spring is moving in steadily, with melting snow, growing puddles, budding trees and warmer temperatures.  It's so nice to have sunlight into the evening instead of living in seemingly perpetual darkness!

No comments: