Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Helping Stop Hunger




Yes, it's that time of year again. For some, you know exactly what I'm talking about when I tell you that I'm helping organize and participating in the 30 Hour Famine this year. Let me tell you a little about what the famine is.


Around the world, millions of children go to bed hungry every night. But it doesn't have to be that way. Last year, over 100,000 teens across the country did the World Vision 30 Hour Famine. They raised over $4.5 million to help children and communities in need around the world.


This year, I am joining them. By taking part in the 30 Hour Famine, I will raise funds to help provide nutritious food, clean water, medicine, and shelter for children in countries such as Uganda, Tanzania, India, Cambodia, and Ecuador.


During the Famine, I will fast for 30 hours which lets me get a taste of what millions of others go through every day.


I am writing today to ask if you would consider donating to support me in the Famine. The good news is, a little money goes a long way: just $30 can feed a child and their family for one month, while $90 will feed a child and their family for three months.


This year, I hope to raise $360 to help children and families around the world. Any help you could provide me would be greatly appreciated.


To donate now, click the following link: https://www2.worldvision.ca/famine/20184881

If you need more information about the Famine and how it helps children around the world, please visit famine.ca or contact me at fawcett_v@hotmail.com or 204-725-2904.


Thank you for your consideration.


P.S. 30 Hour FamineWorld Vision is a Christian relief, development, and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. As followers of Jesus, we are motivated by God's love to serve all people regardless of race, religion, gender, or ethnicity.


P.P.S This is by no means a guilt trip or anything of that sort. I just wanted to let my friends and family know that I am participating in this great event again and give you an opportunity to join me fight poverty and bring a little bit of heaven to earth.

No comments: