Thursday, February 7, 2008

A New Look

Hi Friends.

I thought it was time for a little face-lift around here. I saw a couple of other people who had personal photos as their header and I was inspired!

My week has been busy but good. I went to a thought-provoking presentation about the status of women in Afghanistan. The woman presenting is Vice-President of an organization named Women 4 Women and they focus on helping women and girls receive education and other human rights that have been removed since the rule of the Taliban. She had lots of interesting things to say. I would encourage you to take a look around the site if you have a few extra moments.

My big plans for the weekend include::::HOMEwORK! Yup, the exciting life of a student continues. At least I finally have some serious motivation to get me going. Classes are quickly coming to an end for me and to make that time even shorter, I decided today that I would help out my co-operating teacher for this placement coming up and chaperone the winter camping trip during the last week of february. This means I have to get all my major projects and papers finished in the next 2 weeks. YIKES!!!! I''m gonna be a busy girl but it should be a lot of fun to go on this camping trip and I'll learn a lot just interacting with a class full of students. Probably more than my 'education' classes back at the university.

The other exciting thing coming up in my life is that next weekend I'm heading out to Saskatoon to spend some quality time with Tari-Lynne and Mike...well mostly Tari-Lynne:)- It's Manitoba's first year with a long-weekend in February (Louis Riel Day!) so I'm planning on taking advantage of that which means I have even less time to get all my school stuff done. Okay, so I better just say farewell and get into bed so I have energy to get a serious stack of stuff (did you like that aliteration!?) done tomorrow and Saturday (and Sunday probably).

Make it a great one!

Vanessa

No comments: