Sunday, September 9, 2007

An Amazing Summer

I am quite ashamed to say that I appear to have forgotten how to blog. Sorry my friends. I had great intentions of sharing my time out on Shoal Lake at Manitoba Pioneer Camp with my blogging friends but life got a lot busier than I imagined. My summer was quite fantastic though. Tough some days, but so rewarding on other days. I was directing girls camp on the island (so I was the head boss during our 2 12-day girls only camps on the main island). A big job, but one that I know God sent me to do (with his help of course!) Here are a few of my favorite shots from my time at camp...a bit late, but at least they're up here now!


A little lion and her lion tamer! Always a good time dressing up for Banquet.


Kendelle (my sister) and I led a 10 day canoe trip together. It was SOOOO much fun. This pic was taken on day 8-our lay-over day which included tasty pancakes cooked over the fire and coffee! As you can tell, we hadn't seen a shower or soap in over a week (a little greasy but still having a great time)


The 6 girls that we took on that canoe trip. The girls had a chance to shower before this pic but Kendelle and I still look a bit dirty!


I will try to stay more faithful in blogging, with my life back in Brandon as that is the location of my adventures now...in the Faculty of Education at Brandon University (they tell me that in 2 years I will be a certified teacher-specializing in High school-scary!). I'm sure there will be some interesting tales once I start my student teaching placement.

No comments: