Wow, this good bye seems a lot harder than the last time I left my home in the spring or fall. I guess it's because I'm going to a place that is so unknown and full with adventure. My life for 4 months fits into two big bags. It's kind of crazy. I guess it proves that I don't really need all the other "stuff" that fills up my house to survive. I knew that before, but this is a reminder. The hardest part of saying good bye is the people obviously. And, I'm really feeling emotional/sentimental towards my dog. It's kind of weird but oh well, when a woman's emotions are high you never know what will happen:)
I'm going into Winnipeg today and I'll fly to southern ontario (toronto area) on Friday morning. I will be at orientation in Scarborough all week and then on Monday, Feb 12 I am flying to AFRICA! British Airways decided to cancel the strike for international flights so I get to fly out on my original day. HOORAY!
I am really excited that I am going, so don't interpret these melodramatic posts as a wish that I could stay home because that is far from the truth. It's just the in-between time of getting to Ethiopia that is the hardest. As I described in a previous blog ("oh transitions").
Hopefully you'll keep in touch with me. It'll be important for me to keep a touch on reality back in Canada while I'm away. So send me a note any time you want. I promise I will respond personally to anyone who does the same to me.
Off for now!
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment