Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Random Excitement

I haven't had much time in the last few days to share in detail the excitement that has happened. So I'm just gonna give some brief highlights about the going ons of my life since my last post.

1) I celebrated my 21st Birthday...I'm legal everywhere now (at least that seems to be the most important part of this birthday to all of my friends!)
-great food, friends and gifts that seemed to have a tea theme (ie i received tea and
tea related things from 3 different people. I guess they know that I like tea!)
2)God is really providing for me financially. In this last week alone, I have received $1300 in support for my journey to Ethiopia. It is quite amazing to see how it works together even though my time in Canada is quickly coming to a close it is not too late for God to work stuff out.
3)I received an email from a close friend, Erin Zielke, who is in South Africa with Outtatown (through CMU in Winnipeg). She just arrived in Africa on January 11 and her excitement is so apparent in the email she sent. It makes me fill up with excitement for my own journey that will be starting in a couple more weeks. I hadn't experienced this kind of excitement and anticipation until reading erin's email update so it was a highlight of my week.
4) I'm finishing up my last immunization/testing before I am fit to leave the country. I am having a TB (tuberculosis) screening test done so they can ensure I don't have any TB in my system before inevitably being exposed while I am over in Ethiopia.

those are just a few of the random things that filed through my mind as I was typing this blog. The real excitement of Africa will very soon be filling these pages, so stay tuned!!

No comments: