So, I'm apparently having troubles keeping up with my promise to 'blog more often', but here's what's been going on in my life in the last 2 weeks.
1. I spent 4 days student teaching at the beginning of classes. I am teaching 2 slots of grade 9 science, a slot of grade 10 science and one of grade 11 biology. My co-operating teacher is really helpful and fun too. I'm looking forward to returning to that class in about 4 more weeks.
2. I completed my first week of classes back at University. I'm taking 3 different methods courses (Science, math and environmental studies) as well as an evaluation and assesment course. The good news this term, is that I don't have any textbooks to buy! Hooray. The other change from last year, is that I don't have any tests or exams in my classes. Instead, there are a bunch of assignments/unit plans/papers to write. I'm not sure which is the better evil, but whichever it is I don't really have any control over it SO I'm just going to get the work done and try not to complain about it:) It was really great to see my friends again and catch up on what happened in our lives over summer.
3. I went to a Starfied concert. The music was great, the other stuff incorporated with the concert was a little uncomfortable for me (I'd love to share with you in a more private medium).
4. I got my hair cut. It's nice and short now. All my artificial blonde is gone and I'm back to my 'natural' colour because it's been so long since I coloured my hair. I'm still deciding whether I want to add some blonde back in...probably I will:)
5. I got to travel into Winnipeg on a spontaneous Saturday. Ended up staying with a friend and enjoying some fantastic chats, sushi, hot-tubbing and movie watching. I love spontaneity!
Those are a few of the highlights/updates of what's happening with me. Transitioning and trying to decide what comes next in my life continue to consume a lot of mental space and energy. I'll keep you updated as to what those plans might look like. All I can say right now, is that my plans most likely will involve me getting on a jetplane sometime before next September:)
And now, I need to get back to trying to be a studious student and getting a bit of homework done. This has definitely been a procrastination break!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment