Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The first Day

Well I made it through the first day, and it wasn't all that bad!  In fact, it was pretty good.  Today wasn't the official first day of school, but all the teachers were back and we had an orientation time for the grade 9's.  It was kind of funny to watch all the 'little' grade nine students wander around the school looking terrified and lost, yet in a couple months they will march around the building as if they own the place.  Each year it happens, and the grade 9's look smaller and smaller, yet one day not that long ago it was me who sat in the bleachers nervously and wondered what this thing called high school would be like.  I guess it's not unlike what I will look like next fall as I start some sort of new job.  And the pros who have been doing it for years will look at me and think similar thoughts...oh the newbie! 
In other exciting news, I went clothes shopping today.  For those of you who know me, this may come as a surprise, because shopping isn't typically high on my priority list.  BUT, Value Village was having a 50% off sale, so I had to check it out.  I got 5 tops (that I can wear as a teacher) and a pair of cords all for $21.  PRetty fantastic eh!?  I also bought a new pair of runners at foot locker, but they didn't have my size, so I had to order them.  It's the second pair of footwear I've bought recently that I couldn't bring home and wear around the house.  (I bought a pair of birkenstocks earlier in the summer, but they're still on back-order so I don't get to wear them yet...but I'm eagerly anticipating the day they arrive!)

So yeah, that's pretty much my exciting life for now.  I'm sure there will be more interesting tid-bits to share in the coming days.

No comments: