Friday, May 2, 2008

Moving on Again

Well the student teaching part of this year is officially over.  We returned this morning around 11:30 from a fantastic week of backpacking in Spruce Woods.  I had a lot more fun than I first thought, and my body isn't as sore as I had expected.  Both positives in my mind:)  I actually enjoyed myself a lot and would definitely venture out on another backpacking adventure sometime in my future (not too soon though!)    Here are a couple photos from the adventure (well actually just the first and last day, as I have already sent my camera on to Winnipeg to wait for me to go to camp).


Here is our group getting ready for the first 
day of hiking.  We went through the Spirit sands and enjoyed a day of desert life!  Everyone looks so perky still!  and clean!










This one is ME! with my pack on...sorry about the sideways rotation.  Just turn your head and it's not such a bad picture:)  The pack weighed about 50lbs at this point...by the end it was probably down to more like 40lbs.  I've definitely grown some new leg and back muscles.  Great exercise if anyone's looking for a creative way to exercise!















These last two were taken at our pick-up site 5 days later!  WE survived and loved it!
















What a fantastic opportunity and experience.  I can only hope that my future teaching jobs will be as positive and rewarding.

And onto the next move...tomorrow afternoon I will be taking the bus into Winnipeg to start my Manitoba Pioneer Camp adventures!!!  Sunday afternoon will be my arrival on the island.  I'll have a chance to visit with my Baba tomorrow which will be nice since I haven't seen her for over a month now.  I am so thankful for each chance I get to spend time with that blessed lady.  

So this will probably be the last post for a little while.  At least until I get settled into island life and figure out where I can hook my computer up to internet.  It might take a bit of time...we'll see.  

BUT snail mail is still working, even if emails do not...I love getting mail while I'm away (or at home for that matter) and I will write back if you send me something.  This summer, you can send me mail at this address:

640 Broadway Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0X3
CANADA

Take care and enjoy the spring!

No comments: