Saturday, May 24, 2008

1 month down!

WOW. Where does the time fly? I can't believe i last posted when I was still in Brandon. Living at camp means a lot of things happen and yet it seems like life hasn't really gone by too quickly. We've already served our first school for a week, and I just returned from a 5 day canoe trip on Shoal Lake/Lake of the Woods. On tuesday our second school group will come out. We had work weekend on the long-weekend which was a bit crazy because the island population exploded to about 200 people (a big week would usually be around 140 people). We didn't even all fit on the island for sleeping, so some had to boat back and forth at night in the mornigns to our second island. It was crazy but kinda fun too:) My canoe trip was fantastic. THere were 8 of us on trip, and we explored all the way to the USA! We went to Fort St. Charles about 1Km over the border. We had beautiful sunny days and not too much wind. Just a great time of enjoying life on the lake and getting to know one another more. I had a lot of fun.

Now that May is quickly coming to a close, its time for me to get my girls camp hat on. These next couple weeks will be busy starting to seriously plan and prepare for the craziness of girls camp in July. If you are looking for something to pray for...I still don't have any people that will be co-directing girls camp with me. So I need to find those people ASAP and we have a couple other big holes in the girls camp leaderships structure so please keep that in mind. Of course we are also wanting more girls to come as campers too:) I'll keep you updated on that.

I wish I had pictures to share with you, but my camera is in my cabin and that's just a far ways away from this office where I'm hooked up to the internet. Hopefully next time. Spring is finally coming to the island, and many of hte trees have the beginnings of leaves on them. It seems as if it's been a long time coming. BUt I don't really mind because I missed out on spring last year because of my travels.

So that's what's up with me...nothing too earth shattering but good times.

No comments: