Hi Folks. As you can probably guess by the lack of blogging, my life has been kind of crazy these past weeks. I have 2 weeks left in my placement and I'll be honest, I'm looking forward to being done and getting back to the 'easy' life of a student. This placement has been quite draining and I've spent WAY more time working on prep and marking during this placement than my other two. I guess that's sort of what's supposed to happen as I have more responsibilities and I teach all the classes every day, but it's still a lot of work. Welcome to the real world princess:0
For the most part I am enjoying my placement. There are days when I wonder why I teach senior high...maybe a younger grade would do my heart good...we'll have to see.
I had a fun time on Halloween night. Kendelle and I dressed up and joined a bunch of folks from the university to go trick-or-treating for non-perishable food for our university food bank. It was a lot of fun because we got to dress up (which I love) and we got some candy out of the deal too. It was kind of funny to see people just hand-out candy to us without asking why people so tall (and obviously adult) were at their door...for the most part people were really generous with giving us food for the food bank. Apparently the foodbank at the school gets almost 80% of their yearly food supply on halloween night alone...wow, that's a lot of food! I dressed up as "WHMIS Woman"...for those of you who know anything about chemistry this will mean something to you, the rest of you may be confused. I was a super-hero with flame-throwing powers. I had the flammable symbol on my cape and shirt, wore a flame colored (via tie-dye) t-shirt, red cape, mask and black tights for my ensemble:) KEndelle pulled out a shiny purple prom dress with puffy sleeves from the 80's and added some bad make-up and puffy bangs to complete her '80's prom Queen look. It was a good time.
For the most part I am enjoying my placement. There are days when I wonder why I teach senior high...maybe a younger grade would do my heart good...we'll have to see.
I had a fun time on Halloween night. Kendelle and I dressed up and joined a bunch of folks from the university to go trick-or-treating for non-perishable food for our university food bank. It was a lot of fun because we got to dress up (which I love) and we got some candy out of the deal too. It was kind of funny to see people just hand-out candy to us without asking why people so tall (and obviously adult) were at their door...for the most part people were really generous with giving us food for the food bank. Apparently the foodbank at the school gets almost 80% of their yearly food supply on halloween night alone...wow, that's a lot of food! I dressed up as "WHMIS Woman"...for those of you who know anything about chemistry this will mean something to you, the rest of you may be confused. I was a super-hero with flame-throwing powers. I had the flammable symbol on my cape and shirt, wore a flame colored (via tie-dye) t-shirt, red cape, mask and black tights for my ensemble:) KEndelle pulled out a shiny purple prom dress with puffy sleeves from the 80's and added some bad make-up and puffy bangs to complete her '80's prom Queen look. It was a good time.
Here is a couple of pictures to show you our look:
The rest of my weekend has not been nearly as fun or exciting...just marking (several projects) and lesson prep...oh school how you seem to consume my life-I am definitely not doing well with the whole balance thing these days...gotta work on that.
So that's what's new with me...until later!
No comments:
Post a Comment