Sunday, January 27, 2008

Where Should I GO?

This past while, I've been thinking a lot about my future in missions, and it seems that I have been quite a few interactions with people from the organization that I went with last year (SIM).  It's just interesting to be thinking about this again even though I am not even half-way through my education degree.  I have been trying to learn how to be content with where I am, what I am doing rather than always wishing for something different or continually planning for the future.  But while I still am wanting to be content, my heart keeps thinking about where I could go and what I could be involved in.  While I have been thinking about where to go, my family has been starting to ask me about what I want to do when I am finished school next spring (unfortunately I do have to start thinking about this even though it's so far away).  My dad is pushing for me to stay around and get some experience before going abroad again.  I just don't know where I should be going.  For now I'm not going anywhere in the near future.  I will continue to ponder and pray about this.  Whether I should be going anywhere, and if so, where specifically and doing what?  And what organization?  The options are really endless.  
IF you think of it, you can pray about this with me.  Thanks to any and all who read this little blog.

Here's a picture from the summer.  For those of us living in a winter climate, it's a little pick me up!
Make it a great day!

1 comment:

RLE said...

Great picture, first of all! Calgary is COLD today and snowing and blosing. Yick! Anyways, know that I am checking here still and am praying for you that God will direct your plans. Don't get too stressed about after school quite yet, you still have a whole year and a few months before you are done school. Part of me wants to give advice, but I think it would be better for you if I just pray. So I will. Love you!