Hello Friends! Well, my adventure of blogging has begun. I've read many people's blogs over time, but have never started one for myself. As I'm preparing for my 3 month adventure to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia I decided to have a central way for people to keep up with my travels. While I was away in Europe this fall, I would send regular email updates to people but I think that blogging will be much simpler. It will also be a way for me to track my thoughts, emotions and adventures as I prepare and live through the adventure.
The most recent preparations that I've had was having 4 immunzation injections in one day. Wow! Yellow Fever, Polio, Rabies and influenza all in one afternoon. Needless to say I'm feeling a bit sore and kind of sick from reacting slightly to all the immunization junk floating through my bloodstream. I'm still waiting for my renewed passport to arrive so that I can progress with my VISA application for Ethiopia.
I've had a lot of positive, encouraging replies from people after I sent out my first newsletter. Thanks to you all! Those who have just taken the time to reply and let me know you received the letter as well as those who have the financial abilities to help support me right now. Thank-you a million!
So watch out for updates on my preparations and then my actual trip in the coming months.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this whole blogging thing works out.
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Vanessa!
Welcome to the blogging world! So nice to see that you are joining, and I am so looking forward to hearing about all the adventures you have in the future.
I cannot imagine how you must be feeling after all those immunizations! That's insane what all you have to put into your body to be safe in a third world country, eh? At least you won't get the illnesses there.
Feel better soon!
Luv ya!
Post a Comment